|Title||Day Porter – Detroit|
|# of Openings||1|
|Employment Type||Temporary Staffing|
The Day Porter is the face of Continuum Services and REDICO to the tenants and public. Beside a goal of a maintaining a high quality, polished and neat appearance throughout all restrooms and common areas of the building, the Day Porter is a customer service representative also. The important part of this role is to cheerfully greet, assist, and guide employees and visitors to our buildings while maintaining a polite and professional attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Wipe excess water off of vanities, empty trash and restock paper supplies throughout restrooms.
2. Check/maintain all restroom hardware for proper operation.
3. Check/maintain all restrooms and clean toilets as necessary.
4. Dust all restroom surfaces, including partitions and furniture as required.
5. Clean/polish all wood, metal and glass finishes.
6. Vacuum and mop all restroom, lobby and common area floors as necessary.
7. Clean common area wall finishes.
8. Pick up trash throughout exterior grounds, sweep building entranceways and empty ash/trash receptacles as necessary.
9. Empty trash throughout common areas and tenant spaces as may be required during the day.
10. Clean all building entranceway glass.
11. Assist in snow removal services at building entryway as necessary. 12. Assume additional duties as delegated by Management.
13. Coordination and communications with Engineering / Maintenance Staff as necessary.
14. Daily coordination and communications with tenants, customers and building occupants.
15. Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
16. Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner.
17. Respond to, prioritize and complete assigned work orders via the MRI Workspeed work order tracking system.
18. May require driving between various building locations.
Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Frequent stooping, frequent pushing/pulling, constant walking, and occasionally lifting 50 lbs.
2. Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders
3. Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while at the property and maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations.
4. Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, contractors, and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills
6. Must have knowledge of safety protocols related to commercial buildings
7. Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software such as 360 Facility (Rediworks) or MRI Workspeed
8. Knowledge of basic hand tools, i.e., socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.
9. Should have a current valid driver license with good driving record and reliable transportation
10. Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner
Job: Day Porter – Detroit Alex Riley